"The Fountain of Youth and Stamina."
What is Royal Jelly ?
Beehive products, the collective name of honey, royal jelly, propolis, and bee pollen, are natural foods revered as the fountain of youth since the dawn of history. People in all cultures have collected honeycombs and used royal jelly and other beehive products for nutrition and therapeutic purposes. The healing power and health benefits of royal jelly and beehive products are still one of the most sought-after subjects in modern time.
Royal jelly is the crown jewel among beehive products. Profoundly rich, creamy white, and opalescent liquid, royal jelly is produced by worker bees, and used exclusively for the nourishment of the queen bee with its amazing longevity (compared with regular worker bees - several years vs. just 1-2 months!), energy, and stamina for reproductive capability.
Royal jelly is indeed a highly complex nutrition to be easily understood by nutritional chemistry, or to be manufactured or synthesized artificially.
Royal jelly is used for a wide spectrum of health benefits:
1. For energy, stamina and physical strength
2. To keep smooth, youthful skin and ward off skin aging
3. To stimulate and boost immune system, and fight bacterial and viral infections
4. To support wound healing
5. For weight control and building tissues and muscles
6. To regulate endocrine system and achieve hormonal balance
7. For bone growth and bodily growth
8. For healthful liver
9. For nervousness and anxiety
10. To promote sexual vitality and rejuvenation, and reverse impotence
11. For symptoms related to menopause
12. To extend life
13. For various physical conditions such as coronary artery disease, anemia, arthritis, liver ailments, depression diabetes, asthma, malnutrition, atherosclerosis, ulcers, and weak, tired eyes.
Nutritional Ingredients of Royal Jelly
Royal jelly's main constituents are: carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids (approximately 15%, 12%, and 5%, respectively). Royal jelly proteins are rich in natural hormones such as pheromones, almost all amino acids including essential amino acids, B group vitamins (thiamin, riboflavin, pyridoxin, niacin, biotin, pantothenic acid, folic, and inositol), and vitamin A, C, D, and E. Overall, aspartic acid accounts for about 16% of royal jelly's protein content. Gelatin, a precursor of collagen and accounts for royal jelly's ability for keeping youthful skin, is also among royal jelly's constituents. Royal jelly also contains sugars, sterols, phosphorus compounds, essential fatty acids, and acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter. Other ingredients are nucleic acids, water, and numerous other trace ingredients including calcium, copper, potassium, silicon, and sulfur that are presumably very important for royal jelly's nutritional and therapeutic properties.